Last Yard builds software solutions for the largest retailers in Australia and around the world.
I joined the Product Team at last yard working in the future-facing R&D squad.
My day-to-day responsibilities involved the following technologies;
NodeJs Microservices (Typescript)
- Responsible for day-to-day improvements to microservices.
- Rearchitected a NodeJS microservice to be able to handle jobs in parallel across multiple workers, improving average job time from > 5 minutes to < 1 minute.
- Championed test coverage and test framework improvements
- Responsible for maintaining and improving canvas-based SPA written in React.
- Upgraded high-traffic legacy component of the frontend with only one defect raised.
- Maintaining and building new apis for the frontend.
- Optimised ORM usage and general API performance.
Docker (Swarm) + Ansible
- Championed migration of the dev environment to docker.
- Generating microservice deployment config files for use with ansible.
- On call for production outages, alerts, escalations. Responsible for resolving any infrastructure issues that occurred.
- Automated local dev environment setup with ansible.
- Architected and rolled out high-throughput, high-reliability IOT-based retail solution.
- Supported Sales activities in a successful demo/pilot worth > 10,000 MRR.
- Championed and successfully transitioned the development environment to a docker-based architecture.
- Increased render performance from ~30 templates/minute to over 2000 templates in under a second.